First, Charles Simic was appointed Poet Laureate.
Second, the most delicious full blown batshit crazy scandal hit the world of blogs and you just have to read it to believe it. Only writers can do this kind of stuff to each other--and themselves. When they invite us to the party it is fun to watch the fireworks -- and the bonfire. And this is one stinking pile of vanities that is going up in flames. Read about it here.
And finally I've got some decent research work that is naturally a huge rush job so I won't be able to turn my attention to the really important matters like:
- how Sparkle Josh is the only reason for watching Design Star (just give him his own show and be done with it!) or
- how horrifying those kitchens were (that hideous water feature! that faux painting! how could anyone keep their food down in that environment?)
- and DON'T GET ME STARTED on this whole "Tuscany" thing The Olive Garden as Ye Olde Italie or
- Dis'in Dat's discussion of "seriously ugly" and illustration of an actual Tuscan kitchen or
- Linda Merrill's more reasoned and tactful approach to the many, many disasters
- how fabulous Amuse Biatch posts have been: each more packed with gossip and wit and innuendo than the next . . .
before I disappear back into the series of tubes . . .