Tuesday, August 07, 2007

meanwhile . . .

I'm a bit behind here because it's been an exciting week in the world of letters.

First, Charles Simic was appointed Poet Laureate.

Second, the most delicious full blown batshit crazy scandal hit the world of blogs and you just have to read it to believe it. Only writers can do this kind of stuff to each other--and themselves. When they invite us to the party it is fun to watch the fireworks -- and the bonfire. And this is one stinking pile of vanities that is going up in flames. Read about it here.

And finally I've got some decent research work that is naturally a huge rush job so I won't be able to turn my attention to the really important matters like:
And that isn't even getting into:
  • how fabulous Amuse Biatch posts have been: each more packed with gossip and wit and innuendo than the next . . .
Although at least I was able to talk about Eric3K's new foray into the home improvement market...

before I disappear back into the series of tubes . . .

2 comments:

Vic said...

Thanks for the shout out, Trixie. I checked your letters site and can't wait to settle in when I have some time and read about the brou ha ha. Le Scandale! So fabulous.

Charlus said...

Trixie, doll, thanks also for the shout-out, but most of all for your exhaustive (you must be sleep-deprived) telling of the scandal to end all scandals (well, since American writers aren't shooting or stabbing their wives anymore, just literarily stabbing them in the back). I followed all the hairpin twists and turns with delight, and reading your account gave me still more cream to lick off my Schadenfreudian whiskers. Well done, possum. (And good luck with your research.)